Argentine court summons Justin Bieber over alleged assault: Telam

By

An Argentine court has ordered pop star Justin Bieber to appear before it within two months to face questions about an alleged assault on a photographer at a Buenos Aires nightclub last year, state-run news agency Telam reported on Thursday.

The photographer, Diego Pesoa, accused Bieber and one of his bodyguards of lashing out at him when he tried to take a picture of the Canadian singer as he left the club in the capital's trendy Palermo Hollywood neighborhood.

Telam said the magistrate, Facundo Cubas, had requested the assistance of Argentina's Interpol branch to help locate Bieber, who has had a string or run-ins with the law in several countries.

Bieber should be detained if he failed to appear or failed to explain why he was unable to present himself before the court, Telam cited Cubas as saying.

"Bieber has to come to Argentina, and it won't be to sing," Pesoa's lawyer, Matias Morla, told local TV channel C5N.

There was no immediate reaction from Bieber's representatives to the report.

Tags
Justin Bieber, Assault, Hollywood
Join the Discussion
More News
No Jail for Medical Student Found Guilty of Raping Drunk

No Jail for Medical Student Found Guilty of Raping Drunk Woman Who 'Couldn't Possibly Consent': He Is 'Young' and 'Talented'

Puerto Rican Server Told to 'Go Back to Mexico' By

Puerto Rican Server Told to 'Go Back to Mexico' by Customers in Racist Note: 'No Tips for Illegals'

Georgia Man Chris Louis Leaves Children at McDonald's

Georgia Dad Left Young Children at McDonald's While He Went to a Job Interview. Cops Were Waiting When He Returned

Kolstad Stoeckel

Minnesota Man Begged Deputies to 'Put One in My Head' After Shooting Sleeping Roommate: Police