Apalachee High School was warned it would be first of 5 school shootings morning of deadly attack, officials say

By
Apalachee High School shooting
One suspect is in custody in connection with a deadly mass shooting at a Georgia high school Wednesday morning. CHRISTIAN MONTERROSA/AFP via Getty Images

Apalachee High School reportedly received a phone threat warning that it would be one of five area schools shot up moments before the mass shooting unfolded, according to a report.

Citing multiple law enforcement officials, the caller indicated the Winder, Georgia, high school would be the first target, CNN reported Wednesday afternoon.

The identity of the caller was not disclosed.

At least four people were killed and nine others injured in a deadly mass shooting at the high school Wednesday morning, according to authorities, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation confirmed.

The victims have not yet been identified.

Among the survivors are an adult with a gunshot wound to the stomach, and a student with unspecified injuries, CNN reported earlier in the day, citing an unauthorized source. Both victims are being treated at Piedmont Athens Regional Hospital in northern Georgia.

The Grady Health System in Atlanta received one gunshot victim, as well.

At least one gunshot victim was transported to Northeast Georgia Medical Center in Barrow County, and another victim was taken to Northeast Medical Center in Gainesville, Georgia, according to WSB-TV.

A 14-year-old male was taken into custody in connection with the incident, sources said, CNN reported.

It's unclear if the shooter was a student at the high school.

During a news briefing earlier Wednesday, Sheriff Jud Smith said the investigation was "very active and ever-developing," describing the shooting as an "evil thing" according to WANF-TV.

"I have directed all available state resources to respond to the incident at Apalachee High School and urge all Georgians to join my family in praying for the safety of those in our classrooms, both in Barrow County and across the state," Gov. Brian Kemp said in a statement. "We will continue to work with local, state, and federal partners as we gather information and further respond to this situation."

According to U.S. News & World Report, approximately 1,900 students attend Apalachee High.

Tags
Shooting, Georgia, High School, U.S. Crime

© 2025 Lawyer Herald All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Join the Discussion
More News
No Jail for Medical Student Found Guilty of Raping Drunk

No Jail for Medical Student Found Guilty of Raping Drunk Woman Who 'Couldn't Possibly Consent': He Is 'Young' and 'Talented'

Puerto Rican Server Told to 'Go Back to Mexico' By

Puerto Rican Server Told to 'Go Back to Mexico' by Customers in Racist Note: 'No Tips for Illegals'

Georgia Man Chris Louis Leaves Children at McDonald's

Georgia Dad Left Young Children at McDonald's While He Went to a Job Interview. Cops Were Waiting When He Returned

Kolstad Stoeckel

Minnesota Man Begged Deputies to 'Put One in My Head' After Shooting Sleeping Roommate: Police