White House Firecracker: Man Detained After 'Throwing a Projectile' Over the Outer Fence at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave (Video)

By

The White House was locked down in an alert on Monday after a man identified as Alexander Sahaghan man threw firecrackers over the outer fence, sparking great concern in the nation's capital, just hours after a shooting spree in Washington D.C. left 13 people dead, AFP reported.

Sahaghan is described as a middle-age white man who had been wearing a blue T-shirt and a pair of shorts, the Secret Service told ABC News. Charges have yet to be filed against him, but is likely to be hit with with "throwing a projectile," ABC News also reported.

After the firecrackers were hurled by Sahaghan, heavily armed Secret Service teams at the White House scrambled and tackled him outside the gate, news reports said.

The lockdown in the city lasted for almost 30 minutes until the Secret Service deemed that the threat had been cleared. DC had been on edge all day since morning when Aaron Alexis, a US naval reservist, opened fire and went on a massive shooting spree at the Navy Yard, which killed 12 people. Alexis later died in a gun battle with police.

The shooting at the DC Navy Yard marks one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history.

Tags
Secret Service, Aaron Alexis

© 2025 Lawyer Herald All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Join the Discussion
More News
No Jail for Medical Student Found Guilty of Raping Drunk

No Jail for Medical Student Found Guilty of Raping Drunk Woman Who 'Couldn't Possibly Consent': He Is 'Young' and 'Talented'

Puerto Rican Server Told to 'Go Back to Mexico' By

Puerto Rican Server Told to 'Go Back to Mexico' by Customers in Racist Note: 'No Tips for Illegals'

Georgia Man Chris Louis Leaves Children at McDonald's

Georgia Dad Left Young Children at McDonald's While He Went to a Job Interview. Cops Were Waiting When He Returned

Kolstad Stoeckel

Minnesota Man Begged Deputies to 'Put One in My Head' After Shooting Sleeping Roommate: Police