Scottie Pippen: Former Chicago Bulls Star Hit with $4 Million Lawsuit After Knocking Out Cameran Shafighi at Nobu Restaurant

By

Former Chicago Bulls forward Scottie Pippen is being sued over a fight last month at Nobu Restaurant, an upscale Japanese restaurant in Malibu, the Daily Mail reported. The $4 million lawsuit filed on Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court says that the 49-year-old plaintiff Camran Shafighi asked the former Bulls superstar for a photograph for his girlfriend's 12-year-old son.

What ensued next, according to the lawsuit was that, Shafighi got a "brutal and unjustified physical attack" that included spit in the face, a shove, and a punch that sent Shafghi to the ground.

'At no time did did or could Mr. Shafighi physically provoke or fight back, as he was knocked unconscious with the first blow,' the lawsuit said. Sheriff officials said Pippen voluntarily came into a station to be questioned and was cooperative. He was not arrested and no charges have been filed.

Shafighi had been taking pictures of Pippen inside the restaurant then outside in the parking lot, investigators said.

Steve Whitmore, the sherff's spokesman, said several witnesses described Shafighi as intoxicated. An argument between the two led to the fight.

Pippen, who now serves as a special adviser to the Bulls' president and chief operating officer, was eating dinner with his family at the time of the incident on June 23.

Tags
Entertainment News

© 2025 Lawyer Herald All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Join the Discussion
More News
Watts Blame_04032025_1

Colorado Dad Who Murdered Family Blames Mistress in Stunning Prison Letters—And Says God Will 'Deal With Her Someday'

No Jail for Medical Student Found Guilty of Raping Drunk

No Jail for Medical Student Found Guilty of Raping Drunk Woman Who 'Couldn't Possibly Consent': He Is 'Young' and 'Talented'

Puerto Rican Server Told to 'Go Back to Mexico' By

Puerto Rican Server Told to 'Go Back to Mexico' by Customers in Racist Note: 'No Tips for Illegals'

Georgia Man Chris Louis Leaves Children at McDonald's

Georgia Dad Left Young Children at McDonald's While He Went to a Job Interview. Cops Were Waiting When He Returned