Zimmerman Case: Martin's Shooter Apologizes to Family

By

In his first interview since being charged with second degree murder for shooting 17-year-old Travyon Martin, George Zimmerman along with his attorney Mark O'mara by his side provided his version of the fatal event to Fox News' Sean Hannity Wednesday Night.

The clean-cut neatly dressed Zimmerman in a low and monotone vice told Hannity that this "has been the most difficult thing I've gone through in my life," but then saying that looking back; he would not have done anything differently.

When asked if he regretted that he was carrying his gun at the time, the 29-year-old shook his head and said "I feel that it was all God's plan, and for me to second guess it or judge it."

As expected, Hannity questioned him on the witness #9 whose audio tapes recently released to the public, revealed that he molested her for over ten years. O'mara answered saying that they don't know if they "were going to focus on that...these allegations are never seeing the light of day in a courtroom." Zimmerman also rationalized telling Hannity that the only witness who claimed he was a racist is also the one who is accusing him of something that never happened.

Witness 9, however was not the only one to suggest that Zimmerman's actions were promulgated by a racist bias, in fact prosecutors argued the same. However, he was cleared of the allegations by an FBI investigation which concluded that there was no evidence suggesting that Zimmerman had any racist biases.

Next on the list were the issues with Zimmerman's bond, which was revoked the first time on account of Zimmerman's misleading the court about his finances. His wife Shielle was also implicated and charged in this aspect. As Hannity posed the question, O'mara politely interrupted telling the interviewer "I don't think we can talk about it."

Later on in the interview, Zimmerman apologized to the Martin family saying, "I'm sorry they had to bury their child."

The Fox News Show host finally fulfilled his desire of procuring an interview with Zimmerman in order to get "his side of the story," according to Huffington Post. Apparently Hannity had been pursuing Zimmerman and his lawyer Mark O'Mara for an interview since April. He has reportedly spoken to the shooter a few months ago, but refused to give any details of the meeting, claiming that he was obligated by journalism ethics since the meeting was off-the-record.

Zimmerman has been released from jail, after judge Lester set his bail for $1 million, after previously revoking a $150,000 bond, for misleading the court about his finances.

Zimmerman, 25, has always maintained that the shooting occurred as an act of self-defense. Zimmerman was on duty as volunteer watchman when he shot the 17 year old . He is being charged with the second degree murder in February of this year.

Although he enjoys being outside bars, his freedom is limited as he lives under strict conditions including a round the clock GPS monitoring system.

In his first interview since being charged with second degree murder for shooting 17-year-old Travyon Martin, George Zimmerman along with his attorney Mark O'mara by his side provided his version of the fatal event of Travyon's death to Fox News' Sean Hannity Wednesday Night.

The clean-cut neatly dressed Zimmerman in a low and monotone vice told Hannity that this "has been the most difficult thing I've gone through in my life," but then saying that looking back; he would not have done anything differently.

When asked if he regretted that he was carrying his gun at the time, the 29-year-old shook his head and said "I feel that it was all God's plan, and for me to second guess it or judge it."

AS expected, Hannity questioned him on the witness #9 whose audio tapes recently released to the public, revealed that he molested her for over ten years. O'mara answered saying that they don't know if they "were going to focus on that...these allegations are never seeing the light of day in a courtroom." Zimmerman also rationalized telling Hannity that the only witness who claimed he was a racist is also the one who is accusing him of something that never happened.

Witness 9, however was not the only one to suggest that Zimmerman's actions were promulgated by a racist bias, in fact prosecutors argued the same. However, he was cleared of the allegations by an FBI investigation which concluded that there was no evidence suggesting that Zimmerman had any racist biases.

Next on the list were the issues with Zimmerman's bond, which was revoked the first time on account of Zimmerman's misleading the court about his finances. His wife Shielle was also implicated and charged in this aspect. As Hannity posed the question, O'mara politely interrupted telling the interviewer "I don't think we can talk about it."

Later on in the interview, Zimmerman apologized to the Martin family saying, "I'm sorry they had to bury their child."

The Fox News Show host finally fulfilled his desire of procuring an interview with Zimmerman in order to get "his side of the story," according to Huffington Post. Apparently Hannity had been pursuing Zimmerman and his lawyer Mark O'Mara for an interview since April. He has reportedly spoken to the shooter a few months ago, but refused to give any details of the meeting, claiming that he was obligated by journalism ethics since the meeting was off-the-record.

Zimmerman has been released from jail, after judge Lester set his bail for $1 million, after previously revoking a $150,000 bond, for misleading the court about his finances.

Zimmerman, 25, has always maintained that the shooting occurred as an act of self-defense. Zimmerman was on duty as volunteer watchman when he shot the 17 year old . He is being charged with the second degree murder in February of this year.

Although he enjoys being outside bars, his freedom is limited as he lives under strict conditions including a round the clock GPS monitoring system.

Watch the video here.

© 2025 Lawyer Herald All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Join the Discussion
More News
No Jail for Medical Student Found Guilty of Raping Drunk

No Jail for Medical Student Found Guilty of Raping Drunk Woman Who 'Couldn't Possibly Consent': He Is 'Young' and 'Talented'

Puerto Rican Server Told to 'Go Back to Mexico' By

Puerto Rican Server Told to 'Go Back to Mexico' by Customers in Racist Note: 'No Tips for Illegals'

Georgia Man Chris Louis Leaves Children at McDonald's

Georgia Dad Left Young Children at McDonald's While He Went to a Job Interview. Cops Were Waiting When He Returned

Kolstad Stoeckel

Minnesota Man Begged Deputies to 'Put One in My Head' After Shooting Sleeping Roommate: Police