George Zimmerman Case: Travyon Martin Shooters Finally Opens up to Sean Hannity on Fox News

By

In his first interview since being charged with second degree murder for shooting 17-year-old Travyon Martin, George Zimmerman opens up about the incident to Fox News' Sean Hannity on Wednesday night's Hannity show.

The Fox News Show host finally fulfilled his desire of procuring an interview with Zimmerman in order to get "his side of the story," according to Huffington Post. Apparently Hannity had been pursuing Zimmerman and his lawyer Mark O'Mara for an interview since April. He has reportedly spoken to the shooter a few months ago, but refused to give any details of the meeting, claiming that he was obligated by journalism ethics since the meeting was off-the-record.

According to a press release published by the Huffington Post, "Zimmerman will open up about what happened the night of Trayvon Martin's death and his experience in the aftermath of the fatal shooting."

On Tuesday in light of the interviews there were rumors floating around the broadcasting world that the show host had paid the alleged killer a fees in order to attain the interview. The network was quick to dismiss the allegations through a statement released to TV Newser stating "Hannity has never offered to pay "any legal fees or any fee associated with George Zimmerman," as reported by Media Bistro.

Aside from the incident which involved the shooting of Martin, Hannity should be expected to probe Zimmerman and his lawyer about the accusations of his racist biases playing a role in the shooting, lying to the court about his finances during his first bond hearing, his evident tension with the judge Kenneth Lester and maybe even the recently released audio tapes by witness 9, which claim Zimmerman sexually assaulted his cousin over a prolonged period of time.

Zimmerman has been released from jail, after judge Lester set his bail for $1 million, after previously revoking a $150,000 bond, for misleading the court about his finances.

Zimmerman, 25, has always maintained that the shooting occurred as an act of self-defense. Zimmerman was on duty as volunteer watchman when he shot the 17 year old . He is being charged with the second degree murder in February of this year.

Although he enjoys being outside bars, his freedom is limited as he lives under strict conditions including a round the clock GPS monitoring system.

The interview airs Wednesday night at 9.00pm on Fox News Channel.

© 2025 Lawyer Herald All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Join the Discussion
More News
No Jail for Medical Student Found Guilty of Raping Drunk

No Jail for Medical Student Found Guilty of Raping Drunk Woman Who 'Couldn't Possibly Consent': He Is 'Young' and 'Talented'

Puerto Rican Server Told to 'Go Back to Mexico' By

Puerto Rican Server Told to 'Go Back to Mexico' by Customers in Racist Note: 'No Tips for Illegals'

Georgia Man Chris Louis Leaves Children at McDonald's

Georgia Dad Left Young Children at McDonald's While He Went to a Job Interview. Cops Were Waiting When He Returned

Kolstad Stoeckel

Minnesota Man Begged Deputies to 'Put One in My Head' After Shooting Sleeping Roommate: Police