Sandusky Trail Off for the Weekend

By

BELLEFONTE, Pa. - After four days of explicit testimonies from eight of the prosecutors witnesses, Judge Jon Cleland announced that the case will resume on Monday after 3 days of recess. The case has been moving at an unexpectedly fast pace. In fact, even the judge told fox news that "things are moving along quicker than anticipated."

Defense is said to present its case on the coming Monday. USA Today says that Sandusky's lawyer, Joe Amendola, in order to prove the ex-Penn State Football coach innocent of the charges pitted against him, will have to demolish victims' credibility.

So far Amendola has stated that the victims have constantly changed their stories as well as the dates of when the incidences occurred. His claim is that the victims have an ulterior motive of winning huge amounts of money from the university in civil suits, which he is sure will follow after this trial.

Amendola also said, prior to the testimonies, that things looked suspicious since the police were never informed. However, many victims and their parents attested that the police were in fact contacted, this seems to have punch holes in his argument, giving the prosecutors a tiny boast.

Yesterday, Penn State police investigator, Ronald Schreffler, told the court that after the mother of an alleged victim complained to the police, an investigation was made in 1998, however since no charges were pressed the investigation came to a stop.

The eight alleged victims claimed that the 68-year-old ex-coach had bought them gifts and told them he loved them. They have testified to incidents where Sandusky touched them in showers, and abused them in his house. One alleged victim told the court that Sandusky threatened him. The victim now 25 years old testified, "He told me that I told anybody, that I would never see my family again," afterwards Sandusky reverted back, according to the victim saying " he didn't mean it and that he loved me," as reported by CNN News.

Prosecutors' star witness, Mike McQeary, PSU assistant football coach told the court that he had seen Sandusky having sex with a boy in the shower. He claimed to have reported it to officials.

The ex-Penn State football coach, Jerry Sandusky has been charged with 52 counts of sexual abuse and molestation of young boys during his reign as associate football coach at the University. Prosecutors say that Sandusky had molested over 10 young boys over the span of 15 years. Sandusky has repeatedly denied all charges and claims not-guilty.

© 2025 Lawyer Herald All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Join the Discussion
More News
No Jail for Medical Student Found Guilty of Raping Drunk

No Jail for Medical Student Found Guilty of Raping Drunk Woman Who 'Couldn't Possibly Consent': He Is 'Young' and 'Talented'

Puerto Rican Server Told to 'Go Back to Mexico' By

Puerto Rican Server Told to 'Go Back to Mexico' by Customers in Racist Note: 'No Tips for Illegals'

Georgia Man Chris Louis Leaves Children at McDonald's

Georgia Dad Left Young Children at McDonald's While He Went to a Job Interview. Cops Were Waiting When He Returned

Kolstad Stoeckel

Minnesota Man Begged Deputies to 'Put One in My Head' After Shooting Sleeping Roommate: Police